Good NewsA community for designers.
:::: ::: :::::::::: ::: ::: :+:+: :+: :+: :+: :+: :+:+:+ +:+ +:+ +:+ +:+ +#+ +:+ +#+ +#++:++# +#+ +:+ +#+ +#+ +#+#+# +#+ +#+ +#+#+ +#+ #+# #+#+# #+# #+#+# #+#+# ### #### ########## ### ###
Apr 29, 2022
🐜 Ouch, nasty bug bites. 🐛
- NEW TWO (count em) TWO new typefaces for post titles.
- FIXED Fixed an issue with the homepage ranking algorithm.
- FIXED It is now possible to close the ribbon editing form on mobile.
- FIXED Minor performance updates.
Apr 27, 2022
Back at it. First, some fixes.
- NEW The homepage has been bumped from 20 to 100 posts.
- FIXED The reply submit and cancel button were being clipped on mobile.
- FIXED Fixed the annoying bug where replying in your own thread would send you an email notification.
- FIXED The favicon sucks less now.
Mar 13, 2022
Release 0.1.2 (Thread)
Fast follow with (mostly) bug fixes
- NEW Sharing posts on twitter uses a small preview card instead of a large one.
- NEW You can now pick a font for your name on the profile page.
- FIXED Replies on mobile browsers no longer overflows (Sorry Will)
- FIXED Increased the amount of horizontal space comments get on mobile replies
- FIXED Edit page no longer shows a *Privacy* heading on private posts.
- FIXED Going back to the first page of top and recent posts would frequently error.
- FIXED Language in invite emails is slightly less weird now.
- FIXED Rank of posts changes more often now.
Mar 9, 2022
Release 0.1.1 (Thread)
A big rewrite of the post page, plus a few new things.
- NEW You can now collapse sub-replies.
- NEW Posts on the homepage now feature a # link next to the comment number. Clicking it will display unseen posts.
- NEW You can now sort replies by new and old.
- NEW Replying feels faster and also *is* faster.
- NEW Child replies created offscreen will scroll the page.
- NEW Unseen replies now show the parent message for context. (Nathan)
- NEW When you're signed out, obfuscated text is cooler.
- NEW Clicking the logo to go back home will now indicate that the homepage is loading.
- NEW Clicking on a sticker will take you to the person's profile.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where new replies would sometimes fail to show.
- FIXED Stickers can no longer appear below the edge of the page.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where stickers would push a page's height way down.
- FIXED The puffy effect on stickers is less gross.
- FIXED Folks face sticker sizes have been adjusted.
- FIXED You can now click on stickers to see who they belong to.
- FIXED Stickers shine better now.
Feb 22, 2022
She's a whale of a release 🐳
- NEW People can now react to posts with Stickers!
- NEW Post pages have been redesigned to showcase stickers.
- NEW Layout of the replies section updated.
- NEW New fonts! Avara and Hobeaux.
- NEW Profile pages have been updated to show off your sticker and sticker karma.
- NEW A sticker builder page.
- NEW Homepage ranking now accounts for stickers.
- FIXED It's now possible to sign in using an email address that contains a plus symbol.
- FIXED Bad post URLs would break things.
- FIXED The asterisks on post bodies would sometimes fail to stretch all the way down.
- FIXED Various other bug fixes and improvements.
Feb 10, 2022
🤌 Is dis not the most beautiful release page you ever seen.
- NEW Bumped the homepage to 20 posts.
- NEW It's now possible to filter by new comments made since you last visited a post.
- NEW Posting comments no longer takes you to a permalink page (Feedback from Brian and others)
- NEW There's a setting to disable the wrap-around ribbon (This one also goes out to you, Brian)
- FIXED Fixed an issue where posts on page 2+ were incorrectly numbered
- FIXED Fixed an issue with occasional page horizontal scrolling (With the fantastic CSS tip via Vincent)
- FIXED The top post algorithm was tweaked to be kinder to new posts.
Feb 8, 2022
Everyone found bugs.
- NEW New font! It's called PicNic.
- NEW It's possible to click the site name and head back home (Thanks Brian)
- NEW It's possible to hit cmd + enter and submit a post or reply (Also a Brian suggesting)
- NEW There's a setting to start the ribbon paused by default (Brian and Chanpory)
- FIXED Replies no longer break the bounding box.
- FIXED Will Harding's member number was changed from 41 to Infinity.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where you could visit a profile, then edit your own profile, and someone else's information appeared in your profile's form. (Found by Vika who did not want to change her name to Matej)
Feb 6, 2022
TOP POSTS! And more control, mostly over the ribbon.
- NEW Top posts have been added and they now show the highest ranking posts.
- NEW Email notifications. You can now get an email when someone replies to your post or comment.
- NEW Account settings page.
- NEW You can now control the speed of the ribbon in the settings page.
- NEW The settings page also has a toggle for notifications.
- FIXED The sign out link works now.
- FIXED There was an issue with posting comments.
Feb 5, 2022
- NEW New members are asked to introduce themselves.
- NEW The home page now fades posts you visited.
- NEW Comment editing.
- FIXED Link previews no longer show an empty body on the New Post page.
- FIXED It was not possible to complete registration on iOS. (Found by Jordan and then by Michael literally 15 seconds later)
- FIXED Layouts were breaking on a mobile screen. (Found by Michael)
Feb 3, 2022
Release 0.0.10 (Thread)
Nearing a public release.
- NEW Post editing.
- NEW Logged-in UI has been changed to look more like the logged-out UI.
- FIXED URL validation is better now. (Found by ˗ˏˋ artem ˎˊ˗)
Feb 2, 2022
Dub dub dub dot bug fixes dot com.
- NEW People can request access now. Once this launches, maybe they will?
- NEW Community guidelines added.
- NEW About page added.
- FIXED For posts that link to a URL, clicking the title on the post page will now open the URL. (Found by: Max, Nathan)
- FIXED The 'Where you work' label and placeholder on the profile page was unclear. (Found by: Buzz)
- FIXED The twitter link in the footer was going somewhere strange. (Found by: Buzz)
- FIXED The ribbon had no maximum character limit, but now it does. (Found by: Pranav)
- FIXED Bringing focus to input when on iOS, it did the weird iOS zoom thing. (Found by: Max)
Feb 1, 2022
Release 0.0.8 (Thread)
Turns out there were bugs.
- NEW Added the ability to invite new members.
- NEW Release notes. This page.
- FIXED Posting a link would show a preview of the hostname incorrectly.
- FIXED Not adding a company name to your profile would break formatting in a bunch of places.
- FIXED Profile pages showed an incorrect registration date. Oops.
- FIXED The 'New' link in the navigation now says 'New Post' for clarity.
- FIXED Folks stumbled across several other small styling that were fixed (Found by: Nathan).
Jan 31, 2022
Might as well let people test this.
- NEW Members can edit the ribbon now.
- FIXED Emails weren't sending and it was very upsetting. Now they're working fine.
About Good NewsGood News is a community for designers and other product people. We celebrate one another, share accomplishments, assume good intent, and reject cynicism.
© 2022 · Release 0.1.4